For over 120 years, the Alexander Technique has helped people all over the globe with body use and pain reduction.
I’m Suzanne Powell. I have helped over a hundred people over the past six years discover causes of their chronic pain and tension when other modalities have had temporary or less results. Many of the people I have helped had already tried surgery or multiple surgeries for their pain, with the pain returning or having had little relief. At this point, one recognizes that the habitual patterns of movement, postural awareness, and how they inhabit their body is the source of the pain.
Trained in the Alexander Technique, somatic therapies and meditation, I teach people how to compassionately become aware of habits that have, over many years, created constriction in the body. This constriction from years of unhelpful body use is what causes postural pain, misalignment, and the posture of aging.
The Alexander Technique Reduces:
- chronic pain
- postural tension
- repetitive stress injury
- back pain from misalignment
- excessive worrying, anxiety and depression
- unhelpful habits in body, mind, and emotions
The Alexander Technique Improves:
- posture, coordination & balance
- energy and performance
- mental and emotional well-being
- embodiment and spaciousness of mind
- the ability to respond instead of react to life’s situations
After a lesson, people report that they feel more calm, grounded, buoyant, and confident in themselves with lessened or even no pain. You will go home with tools in order to continue the learning process during your daily life.
Some of the conditions that have been clinically proven to be improved by The Alexander Technique:*
- Back, neck, and joint pain
- Breathing and vocal problems
- Depression and anxiety
- Muscle tension and stiffness
- Poor posture
People use The Alexander Technique not only to reduce pain, but also:*
- To improve performance in music, drama, and sports
- To enhance business and presentation skills
- To develop ease and elegance in movement
- To support pregnancy and childbirth
- To improve balance, stability and coordination
- Or simply because they want to change conditions that stop them from enjoying a happy, healthy life.
Suzanne giving a live presentation and demonstration in 2016
Want more information from a Medical Doctor? Watch this video.
Watch the British Medical Journal’s successful Back Pain Study: